Ascension Parish, Louisiana is, overall, a grade A place to live. There’s plentiful housing opportunities, it’s a great place to raise a family and the neighborhood is decently diverse. There are nearly 115,000 people living in Ascension Parish.
The median household income is about $70,000 a year, with most residents taking some college courses but not graduating. The median home value is a little over $160,000, with about 80 percent of people owning homes over renting them. The atmosphere of the area is fairly suburban.
The schools in the area are so well-reviewed, you’ll be able to stop worrying about your kids while they’re in school and actually get things done at work.
Elementary Schools in Ascension Parish
- Dutchtown Primary School (Pre-K through 5th)
- Oak Grove Primary School (Pre-K through 5th)
- Prairieville Primary School (Pre-K through 5th)
- Galvez Primary School (Pre-K through 5th)
- Lakeside Primary School (Pre-K through 5th)
- Spanish Lake Primary School (Pre-K through 5th)
- Lake Elementary School (Pre-K through 8th)
Middle Schools in Ascension Parish
- St. Amant Middle School (6th through 8th)
- Prairieville Middle School (6th through 8th)
- Dutchtown Middle School (6th through 8th)
- Central Middle School (6th through 8th)
- Galvez Middle School (6th through 8th)
High Schools in Ascension Parish
- Dutchtown High School (8th through 12th)
- St. Amant High School (8th through 12th)
- East Ascension High School (8th through 12th)
Things to Do in Ascension Parish, LA
Pelican Point Golf Course
This 18-hole course is semi-private and goes on for about 250 acres. If you get tired of swinging your club, you can also stop by the pro shop, eat at the restaurant or roam around on the golf carts.
Cresent Park and Donaldsonville Riverwalk
At sunset, the Mississippi River looks like streets of gold. Cresent park faces the river so you can take in the sights at your leisure or turn around and stroll down brick-paved pathways.
River Region Art Gallery
Eclectic paintings, sculptures and other artistic expressions can be found here at River Region Art Gallery. This art gallery has a thrift store-esc feel, meaning that viewing each piece feels like finding something new-to-you exciting.
The Cajun Village
The Cajun Village is a historic shopping center that celebrates the arts. Here, you’ll find shops such as Louisiana Pottery, The Cajun Shop, Bee Vee’s Goodies, Swamp Pop Candy Shop and Cajun Village Antiques.
Real Estate in Ascension Parish, LA
Homes in Ascension Parish range from $400,000 to about $500,000, and they usually have between three and four bedrooms and two and three bathrooms. Many of them are one-story, but there are still plenty of two-story homes for you to choose from. Either way, all homes are beautifully designed and all relatively new.
If you’re interested in purchasing one of the homes listed on the market in Ascension Parish, Louisiana, we’re the ones to call. We know the Baton Rouge area and its suburbs like the backs of our hands, and if we can’t find exactly the home you’ve been dreaming of, we promise to come pretty darn close. Call us today.