Living in Oakland Crossing
Oakland Crossing is a subdivision located in northern Ascension Parish, inside Prairieville, Louisiana city limits. This neighborhood can be found next to Old Jefferson Highway and Oakline Drive, near East Baton Rouge Parish and Bayou Manchac.
Fun Fact: It was originally going to be called Manchac Shadows.
Your child or children would attend Ascension Parish schools, schools with excellent ratings. Their education is in good hands from elementary school through high school.
Elementary Schools near Oakland Crossing, LA
- Dutchtown Primary School (Pre-K through 5 th )
- Galvez Primary School (Pre-K through 5 th )
- Lake Elementary School (Pre-K through 8 th )
- Lakeside Primary School (Pre-K through 5 th )
- Oak Grove Primary School (Pre-K through 5 th )
- Prairieville Primary School (Pre-K through 5 th )
- Spanish Lake Primary School (Pre-K through 5 th )
- St. Amant Primary School (Pre-K through 5 th )
Middle Schools near Oakland Crossing, LA
- Central Middle School (6 th through 8 th )
- Dutchtown Middle School (6 th through 8 th )
- Galvez Middle School (6 th through 8 th )
- Gonzales Middle School (6 th through 8 th )
- Prairieville Middle School (6 th through 8 th )
- St. Amant Middle School (6 th through 8 th )
High Schools near Oakland Crossing, LA
- Dutchtown High School (8 th through 12 th )
- East Ascension High School (8 th through 12 th )
- St. Amant High School (8 th through 12 th )
Things to Do in Oakland Crossing
Enjoy the parks
This neighborhood is equipped with a few parks in which you can take a stroll, walk a dog and appreciate the landscaping. These parks are also a great place in which to catch up on your podcast, finish that book you’re reading or people watch.
Take in the greenery
This brand-new neighborhood is ripe with fresh greenery – newly planted trees and manicured lawn and bushes. The architecture of the homes isn’t bad either! Just take a walk through the neighborhood can offer serenity.
Go for a walk or bike ride
Oakland Crossing also has newly paved sidewalks and walking trails. There’s plenty of flat or (if you so choose) bumpy terrain for you to explore on foot or by bike.
Ascension Parish Activities
Explore River Road Plantations
Haumas House is so big that it takes an hour to explore, and the plantation is so vast that its exploration takes five hours. When you’ve explored your new neighborhood to the fullest extent, trying poking around in someone else’s home.
Venture into the Outdoors
There’s plenty to do outdoors in Ascencion Parish. Swing a club at Pelican Point Golf Course, burn a hole in your wallet at Tanger Outlet Center, stock up on fishing supplies at Cabela’s or enjoy the sites of the Riverwalk.
Real Estate in Oakland Crossing
As a new subdivision in North Ascension Parish, Oakland Crossing housing will be in high demand. There are 92 lots across 30 acres with homes calling your name. Homes in Oakland Crossing have pretty consistent pricing: They range from about $400,000 to a little less than $700,000. Houses usually comes with four bedrooms and about three bathrooms.
If you want to purchase a home in Oakland Crossing, you’ve come to the right website. You can call the office, call my cell, email me or fill out the “Contact Us” form. Either way, you’re going to get excellent service and wind up with the home of your dreams.