Living in Prairieville, LA
There are nearly 30,000 people living in Prairieville, LA. The median home value is a little over $200,000, while the median household income is a little less than $100,000 per year. Many of the residents don’t have children, but that’s also taking into account renters living in one bedroom apartments.
Homeowners in Prairieville usually do have families. A few of the residents in Prairieville have Master’s degrees, but most of the population has a Bachelor’s degree or have some college education. The public schools in Prairieville also have excellent ratings, so if you’re interested in having your child pursue higher education, you’re looking to purchase a home in the right place.
Elementary Schools in Prairieville:
- Central Primary School (Kindergarten through 5th)
- Duplessis Primary School (Kindergarten through 5th)
- Galvez Primary School (Kindergarten through 5th)
- Lakeside Primary School (Kindergarten through 5th)
- Oak Grove Primary School (Kindergarten through 5th)
- Prairieville Primary School (Kindergarten through 5th)
- Spanish Lake Primary School (Kindergarten through 5th)
Middle Schools in Prairieville:
- Central Middle School (6th through 8th)
- Dutchtown Middle School (6th through 8th)
- Galvez Middle School (6th through 8th)
- Prairieville Middle School (6th through 8th)
High Schools in Prairieville:
- Dutchtown High Schools (8th through 12th)
- East Ascencion High School (8th through 12th)
- St. Amant High School (8th through 12th)
Things to Do near Prairieville, LA
Area 51 Extreme Air Sports
If you want to take your kids out, but are tired of watching them play at the park, give Area 51 Extreme Sports a try. This place has something for the whole family – even children younger than six. There’s open jump, a ninja obstacle course, trapeze and more.
BREC’s Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center
Skip the zoo and go see some animals without bars between you. BREC’s Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center is dedicated to conservation, education, and fun for the whole family.
Painting with a Twist
Don’t think you’re an artist? Think again. With this fun, teacher-led painting class (which, by the way, you can drink in), you’ll learn to paint many masterpieces from trees, to classic recreations to stylized silhouettes.
If you need a day away from everything just to relax, come to Planet Beach Spray & Spa. Only here can you explore HOTWORX (a 30-minute workout), spray tans, automated massages and facials, oxygen therapy, teeth whitening, guided meditation, red light therapy, full body hydration and more.
If you need to unwind after a long week at work, pull up a chair at Spanky’s Daiquiris. They can make all your favorite mixes and cocktails while you munch on appetizers and snacks like fried jalapenos and egg rolls.
Prairieville Louisiana Real Estate
There’s not much fluctuation between house prices in Prairieville, Louisiana. Homes are priced around $200,000 to $550,000, give or take. Most of the homes have four bedrooms and three bathrooms. We have several one-story and two-story homes available, as well as several vacant lots. If you’re interested in finding your dream home in Prairieville, give us a call.